• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple of "How To" questions...

Bmerz

Aug 30, 2010
1) Is there a way to setup a password to open the phone (when you turn phone on)? If my phone gets lost or stolen, I'd like to have it password protected so they cannot get into my phone.

If not, maybe there's an app for this that someone can suggest?

2) How do I turn off Google Mail? When I am home, I don't need my phone to also be running in the background checking my email - as I can check my email from my laptop.

I apologize if my questions have been asked, I searched and couldn't find the answer. TIA :)

1) Is there a way to setup a password to open the phone (when you turn phone on)? If my phone gets lost or stolen, I'd like to have it password protected so they cannot get into my phone.

If not, maybe there's an app for this that someone can suggest?

2) How do I turn off Google Mail? When I am home, I don't need my phone to also be running in the background checking my email - as I can check my email from my laptop.

I apologize if my questions have been asked, I searched and couldn't find the answer. TIA :)

For the email just turn off auto sync when you get home, for the password use the pattern as someone suggested. But please realize, if you lose your phone, someone can still get into it, even with a password, they just have to do a factory reset, which won't delete anything personal you might have on the sd card.

take care.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones