• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A couple of issues...

I have done some searching, but nothing is really giving me solutions to the problems. First off, this device can get really, really slow at times (which I can understand), but sometimes it freezes up and the only way to fix it is taking out the battery, letting it sit for a minute or so and putting the battery back in and turning it on.

Another thing, my screen timeout is set at 1 minute...I'll be texting or surfing the web and the screen will just go dark.

And now my Youtube app isn't working anymore. It worked perfectly fine until recently. From older posts it seems like this happened a year or two ago, but my error message says "there was a problem while playing, touch to retry" and I can retry all day...its not working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I may be taking it in tomorrow, not sure if Verizon can fix the app problem though.

When you notice issues, you can also reboot by hitting Alt-Shift-Del on the physical keyboard, like Ctrl-Alt-Del on a PC.

How often this happens probably is dependent on your downloaded apps. I was doing pretty good until I updated three apps, including the relatively new Starbucks Card app, the first update of which is the app which I suspect is causing the issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones