1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General A couple of minor 'glitches' noticed on N5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marknbrandon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. marknbrandon

marknbrandon Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Hi,

I have noticed a couple of minor issues with general use of the N5 over the past couple of weeks:

1.) Occasionally when opening the browser, the black screen (with the faint grey chrome logo) appears, without any menu bar, so you are unable to proceed without first closing down the browser and restarting.

2.) Occasionally when closing one app, another app is automatically displayed on screen, but you are unable to close it down. Most commonly for me this happens with Facebook, if you keep pressing the back 'button' to return to the start | home page, Chrome will be displayed on screen as soon as facebook closes, but I am unable to interact with it and the only option is to close the app.

Anyone else had similar issues? It seems a bit early to be thinink of factory reset, but maybe that may help (I have not done a complete reset since i got the phone).

Advertisement

2. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

I very occasionally get the Chrome glitch where it opens Chrome without an option for a new tab. I have noticed this only a handful of times (less than 5).

I tend to use the home button or the multitasking menu rather than the back button to exit apps. The back button can/will cycle back through where you have been previously rather than back to the home screen.

marknbrandon likes this.
  3. marknbrandon

marknbrandon Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Glad its not just me who has the Chrome issue then.

Generally I also use the home or multi-task buttons to get to other apps, but there is always that odd time where I press the back button once to often in an app when exiting sub screens and I end up seeing another app appear - often in the unusale state.

4. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

Yeah, I don't think it's unusual to cycle back through previously used apps with the back button - not sure about them freezing though. Mine has never done that.

5. zipred

zipred Android Expert
    None

Oct 8, 2013
    California USA
    I'm not experiencing the exact glitches the OP describes, it's not unusual to have such things occur. While at first it may be disconcerting, these are quite minor and nothing to be concerned with unless they persist on a frequent basis. Then at that point I'd do a factory reset. In the big picture I've found my Nexus 5 the most reliable and stable smartphone I own. Far better than my iOS7 powered iPhone 5S that sees little use these days. I'm so happy with my Nexus 5, it's exceeded my expectations quite nicely.

6. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    My HTC used to go back to the chrome logo and forget which pages were open.

Perhaps try uninstalling chrome updates and rebooting?

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Have yet to see any of those glitches on my device.

8. Slickinator

Slickinator Android Enthusiast
    None

May 2, 2012
    Sacramento
    try chrome beta

Tags: