1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

A couple of newbie questions...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikebeecham, Sep 18, 2009.

1. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Sorry guys if these have been asked already, but here we go (I should mention that I couldn't quite find these on google searches).

1) When on a call (incoming and outgoing) the screen goes black. I cant seem to figure out how to bring the screen back to hit the "end call" button. How do I do this?

2) Is there any way to set one of the "touchFLO" wallpapers to the lock screen? I can apply an image from my albums, but not one of the wallpaper options?

3) Does anyone seem to have problems with Hero autofinding your wireless network SOMETIMES? I should point out that my Hero is now rooted and I used the MTC 2.2 rom.

Thanks for now

Advertisement

2. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    What did you type into google?

3. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Sys Admin
    Aberdeen, UK
    1) If you push the trackball button during a call, you'll wake the screen up without disconnecting

2) I don't know the answer to this one, I suspect it's not possible. I do recall seeing a discussion on these forums somewhere with that very question, so if you search for and find it there may be a definitive answer there

3) Do you mean a wifi home or office network or your phone carrier's data network (3g etc)? For both, I've had next to no problems. I do occasionally have to force the wifi to attempt to reconnect, but I think that's always been due to a problem connecting because I've forgotten to switch between a static IP at home, and a dynamically assigned IP everywhere else.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    As your device is rooted, look in (I think) /system/customization/resource and you'll find the SenseUI wallpapers. The matching lockscreens are hidden away somewhere else, but I can't remember the path right now.

5. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hi slug...

Yeah I found them fine thanks...however, I'm not sure how I can apply them even in root. There is still no option in the GUI to apply them as a lock screen, and when accessing them through Astro or Linda, there is no option to set them as lock screen?

6. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Copy them into a folder on /sdcard and apply them that way.

AFAIK the HTC-supplied screens are ordinarily only usable as part of a "scene". I keep meaning to dump the latest ROM to hdd and have a poke about to find how the XML is structured to do it but haven't found the time yet.

Tags: