• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple of questions about the Play Store

Sahri

Dec 14, 2012
I'm currently looking to buy a new Android smartphone and I had a few concerns with the devices that are currently in my Google account. I have both my current phone and my tablet in it and when I add my Google account to my new phone, I would have yet another device linked to my Play Store account. My sis told me that she could transfer her app library from her old phone to her new one but how did she do that? Does Google look to things other than the Gmail account?? I would hate having my app library polluted with devices I no longer own.

When you sign in with the same google account as your previous phone, the rights to the apps that were on the previous phone will transfer to the new phone. This is how it will work for the Play Store and the Amazon appstore - if you also use Amazon.

When you go to the Play Store and select "My Apps" you will see tabs for each of your devices that shows the apps that are on that individual device.

If you go to the bottom of the Play Store you will see "Orders and Settings." There you can set to show a device or not, rename a device, etc.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
When you sign in with the same google account as your previous phone, the rights to the apps that were on the previous phone will transfer to the new phone. This is how it will work for the Play Store and the Amazon appstore - if you also use Amazon.

When you go to the Play Store and select "My Apps" you will see tabs for each of your devices that shows the apps that are on that individual device.

If you go to the bottom of the Play Store you will see "Orders and Settings." There you can set to show a device or not, rename a device, etc.
I have seen that, but if you set it to show in the list or not would it disappear from the device manager in the play store?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones