1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by someperson, Feb 20, 2011.

1. someperson

someperson Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi everybody,

I'm new to Android. I got the LG Optimus V and so far I'm very happy. I have two questions about it, though:

• The Gmail App has stored my password and I just need to click on my account's name to log in. I don't like this. I prefer to be asked for my password. How do I change this?
    • I want to create shortcuts on the desktop for getting directions to several places. When I try to do this, Android wants to always start from my current location. I don't like that. For one, I prefer to have the GPS off to conserve battery. I have a list of common places to go to or from. For instance, Office to Home, Home to Office, etc. How can I create create shortcuts to Google Maps that allow me to save also the source address, not just the destination?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. cpht

cpht Member
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    You might need to try a different navigation app. I don't know if what you want to do is possible in the built in app.

3. jcpharm

jcpharm Newbie
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Bergen County, NJ
    You probably have to go into your settings under "Accounts & Sync" and turn off auto-sync and/or remove your gmail account from auto-syncing. However, this seems tedious to me and will force you to require manually sync-ing everytime - why don't you just password protect access to your phone to unlock it? then you don't need to disable the auto-sync feature.

Tags: