1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General A couple of Wifi related issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bullitt_McQueen, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    Hi all,

After upgrading to 2.3, I seem to be having some specific issues related to Wifi network connectivity that I'd never suffered with any previous versions. I know many people are experiencing some issues but I haven't seen these ones anywhere:

Firstly, my Wifi sleep policy is set to "When screen turns off", which works. The issue is it doesn't actually put the Wifi to sleep, it completely switches it off meaning that I have to manually switch it back on when use my phone again.

I also have some open networks where I live which was fine prior to 2.3 because my home network, which is secure, would be the priority network meaning my X10 would connect to this network over any others.
    Now though, it seems to take one of these numerous, unsecured networks as priority over my own one. I can click forget [the open] network but it connects right back up again, so I have to manually click my network and then select "Connect". Extremely annoying. Is there an option that allows the phone to automatically connect to open networks first over remembered, secure networks?? I can't find it if there is...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks as always,

Advertisement

2. Bullitt_McQueen

Bullitt_McQueen Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    Oh, I've also tried changing the router's channel and updating it's FW. No dice unfortunately so I guess it truly is 2.3...??