1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A cure for Note 2's oversensitivity?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Andyjenk, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Andyjenk

Andyjenk Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2013
    Having recently bought a Note 2 (and possibly because I'm left-handed) I find I keep accidentally touching a "button" or part of the screen and going places I don't want to. Turning it upside down helps a bit.
    I'm looking for an App which does something like the following:

Allows the user to define a part of the screen as a hidden button which stops all (or selected) controls from working until re-toggled. Alternatively something like the up volume button to do the job. this could be as simple or as flexible as someone wants to make it.

Then I'd be able to, say, watch a video in bed without restarting every few minutes :mad: or stay on a web page without suddenly losing the browser.

If there is an App to do something similar could someone point me to it? If there isn't, is anyone interested in creating one?

Thanks for reading.
    Andy

Advertisement

2. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Male
    Garmin Tech support
    Kansas
    Not sure of an app for internet browsing, but while watching a video in Video Player you can press the lock button and the screen will lock. Very helpful when I let my son watch netflix on it.

3. Captain53

Captain53 Member
    None

Dec 2, 2012

I too have the same issues but just thought is was my lack of "touch" or something.

4. Andyjenk

Andyjenk Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks. I wasn't aware of that:mad: For anyone who has yet to discover it, a quick press of the power button in a movie locks most options. Another restores them. I noticed a long press of the "back" button while locked brings up the sidebar from where you can access other Apps and when you go back to video player it is still locked.
    That solves one of my problems - thank you.

5. BufordTJustice

None

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    School
    Wisconsin
    I had the same issue when I first got the note, it's happening because the screen goes very close to the edge of the phone and the phone is so big. After a while you will get used to the size and how close to the edge the screen gets and it won't be a problem. It just takes time.

Next time you give your phone to a friend you will see them accidently touch stuff allllll the time.

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    It is true that when I first got my touchscreen phones, I used to accidently touch buttons/areas all the time, and now I have kind of learned how to hold/touch it where I don't accidently open a new screen. I also am left handed, but never noticed any extra difficulties associated with that.

7. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 29, 2012
    Male
    Maine
    I'm also left handed and had the same problem. As you can see, so did the two posters above me. After a while you get used to it and it doesn't happen anymore.

8. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2012
    North Wales, UK
    If sheer usage and familiarity does not solve the issue try a case. Even a basic one takes the screen further away from your fingers.

9. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    Have you all thought about using a screen saver in the interim to dull the sensitivity until you are more used to the phone? There is also an accessory out there that attaches to the back of the phone where you slip a finger or two into to hold the phone without need to wrap fingers around the edges. Can't remember what it's called.

10. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    That's called the flygrip FlyGrip - Welcome . I have been intrigued by it, but not willing to try it for $30 lol.

badankles likes this.
  11. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 29, 2012
    Male
    Maine
    I can't tell that my screensaver (Spigen) is reducing the sensitivity at all.

Also: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/646427-handable-vs-fly-grip-vs-thing-sling.html

12. badankles

badankles Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    USA