• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Day At The Beach...

Too lazy to Google the details for myself, but the bit of the story I did hear dovetails (swallowtails?);) nicely with this one;

"Local surfing competition (briefly) interrupted" when a deer bolted across the beach and into the waves.:D

I think of deer as forest, mountain, meadow, fresh water animals.......

But I guess as long as they pay the entry fee, and can "hang ten", why not let 'em compete?

Hang 2?
Hang 4?
Hang hoof?
:p
P.S. Spent all eligible summer years here in the "Junior Lifeguards" program, pretty much loved it. My brother is 4 years younger, spent time in the program as well, but he doesn't look back nearly as fondly as I do, he reminds our parents often.
I suppose I was stupid enough to just enjoy myself, where he was totally freaked out by the ocean swims, year after year as a 12 - 15 year old.
I was pretty sure I was right, and he was just being a little squid, a whiny little brother.

My case wasn't helped recently, when a JG competition held just south of here was cut short; Because a shark was seen feeding on a seal just beyond the first buoy, in full view of all the kids.......And just yesterday, only a few miles north, a guy got bit by a six footer, drove himself to the hospital.

All I know is.......I was 16, and there were lots of girls my age in spandex on that beach.........I didn't care how many sharks there were; I wanted very badly to be in that water!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones