• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a device running Cortex A5 single core with Adreno 200

mohit9206

Feb 6, 2013
india
I have an old android phone running single core MT6573 single core based SoC with SGX531 and GB 2.3.4 and i got a quadrant standard of 887.I know this is pretty shitty but the thing is am looking to upgrade my phone to a device running Cortex A5 single core with Adreno 200 enhanced and it gets a score of 2000.Will this be an okay upgrade ?

moved you to the device comparison forums.

first off i treat quadrant scores with a grain of salt.....so really do not care what score a phone gets. i never trust those numbers as i do not know how accurate they are....plus there was news that samsung did things to the s4 to beat quad scores, so........

not sure on new phones these days and processors.

Reactions: mohit9206
Upvote 0
moved you to the device comparison forums.

first off i treat quadrant scores with a grain of salt.....so really do not care what score a phone gets. i never trust those numbers as i do not know how accurate they are....plus there was news that samsung did things to the s4 to beat quad scores, so........

not sure on new phones these days and processors.

Yeah i read that Samsung overclocks the galaxy S4 gpu while it is being benchmarked.So in general what kind of performance can i expect from Samsung galaxy s duos running 1ghz cortex A5 and adreno 200 for internet browsing, video watching and light gaming? Does cortex A5 and adreno 200 suck too much?

Upvote 0
Well, it would depend on what games you would want from it. For one, those specs could be laggy on Temple Run 2 or Subway Surfers, and Minion Rush. Anything with better graphics than those would be very laggy to unplayable, and anything less would fare better. For normal operation it should do fine, however this is again dependent on how much strain your setup puts on the CPU and graphics.

Upvote 0
Well, it would depend on what games you would want from it. For one, those specs could be laggy on Temple Run 2 or Subway Surfers, and Minion Rush. Anything with better graphics than those would be very laggy to unplayable, and anything less would fare better. For normal operation it should do fine, however this is again dependent on how much strain your setup puts on the CPU and graphics.

Yeah i would also want to emulate PS1 games so i think S Advance is a better option at a slightly higher price.It has dual core cpu and mali 400 gpu and quadrant score of 2700.What do you think ?

Upvote 0
That should work. Note however that the quadrant score will also be dependent on your phone's setup. To give an example, coming out of the box, running Nature UX launcher by Samsung, I was getting a quadrant score of 2800+. But since I installed Nova Prime launcher, which is lighter than Nature UX, I had gotten scores of around 3200. Background apps also factor in. Since I activated several background services I want, scores went down back to between 2600-2900

Reactions: mohit9206
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones