• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A different camera question

desmofan

Nov 14, 2009
I know there's been some discussion about the quality of Samsung cameras, but I noticed something odd on Friday. I was at my local Verizon store looking at the GN2 and Droid DNA. I'm leaning towards the Samsung, even though the screen on the DNA is much better. But, I couldn't take a picture with the Samsung that wasn't blurry. The same pictures with the DNA were great, and not blurry. I took 4 or 5 pics, and every one of them with the Samsung was blurry. I didn't look at the settings, so there may be a shutter speed setting, but this struck me as odd. Anybody have similar experience, or is it just me?

BTW- the DNA screen is beautiful!

It was most likely the settings or a dirty lense.
My GN2 takes really good pictures.

I agree. Mine takes very good pictures. Also, don't know why people insist on coming on a forum about one device and talk about another devices quality being better this and better that than the device we all love. This is just trying to incite arguments. Also, the specs may be better on paper for the DNA than the Note II but to say it is much better as you look at them on a 5 inch display is somewhat pushing it a little bit don't you think? Especially talking about the difference between 720 and 1080 resolution. The difference would be miniscule. I sometimes can't tell the difference on a big screen television between those two resolutions. Just my 2

Upvote 0
I agree. Mine takes very good pictures. Also, don't know why people insist on coming on a forum about one device and talk about another devices quality being better this and better that than the device we all love. This is just trying to incite arguments. Also, the specs may be better on paper for the DNA than the Note II but to say it is much better as you look at them on a 5 inch display is somewhat pushing it a little bit don't you think? Especially talking about the difference between 720 and 1080 resolution. The difference would be miniscule. I sometimes can't tell the difference on a big screen television between those two resolutions. Just my 2

Upvote 0
I agree.
There are so many people that just use the megapixel count or screen resolution to argue which camera or display is better when there are many other factors that are even more important in making a good image. Factors like the lens, contrast ratio and color balance are often MUCH more important than having a higher megapixel count or resolution.

But it

Upvote 0
That's why I asked, because I've heard good things about Samsung cameras. I just could not get a non-blurry picture, and thought it might have something to do with my not being used to the form factor of the phone.

Due to the size and weight of the N2, it's important to hold the camera still especially when taking indoor pictures. I like using the voice controled shutter so that I don't shake the camera when snapping a photo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones