1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A different kinda very stuck upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ash tree, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ash tree

ash tree Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Quite new to Android and new to the forum. So thank you upfront.

I just purchased an unbranded, unlocked, international S2 GT-i9100 on Amazon. It came with 2.4.3 Gingerbread. Like the phone and right price, too. I plan to use it overseas and thus did not want a carrier locked phone.

On Directory:
    PDA: i9100xxKi3
    Product code: not active
    CSC: unknown

Phone is still rooted. It is new and clean without any data or apps, etc. to save.
    First thing I wish to do is upgrade. No sim card since I will buy it overseas from carrier there.

Made in Korea, shipped from China.

Kies is not able to update any newer version on this phone. So I uninstalled Kies and then downloaded the latest version of Odin 3.07, which was fine and recognized the phone on Com5.

Now my question: I uploaded Jelly Bean unbranded (do not remember which one)and loaded with Odin.
    There was no problem in the doing the download. Very smooth. However, after reboot phone was completely stuck in the boot logo loop. I could get it to go to download and also to recovery, but that was all. I did a soft reboot. No luck. Did a Hard reset, wipe and clean and repartition and and again no luck. Still stuck in loop.

Re-loaded Samsung drivers, again without luck.

So I re-installed Gingerbread and modem and CSC and everything worked fine again. Phone came back to life.

Again I tried with another Unbranded Nordic version i9100XWLSJ. Same story, stuck in boot loop and again with access to download and also recovery. Did another wipe and clean and re-partion, but no luck.

Have again re-installed Gingerbread, 2.6.0.13074_14

Since this is and unbranded phone is that the problem? Any suggestions?
    I truly would like to update to Jelly Bean since Gingerbread is ,well gingerbread. Is it a kernal issue?

I am thinking of trying with the Australian unbranded, but I assume it ill be the same.
    Again thanks for any help. I presume there must be a way to upgrade to Jelly Bean I just do not know how.

Advertisement

2. immortalneo

immortalneo Member
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    Male
    Dentist
    Kerala, India
    Try flashing the leaked JB version via Odin (I think its XXLSJ - it comes as 3 parts PDA, phone and modem).