1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A Different Update Question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidx2010, May 26, 2011.

1. droidx2010

droidx2010 Member

I remember back when I was updating to Froyo and I went to Menu/Settings/About phone/System updates, it would give me a message something like "your phone is currently up to date".

Now, anticipating GB, I have unrooted/unfrozen everything and am on stock Froyo. I tried to check for updates just to see what it said, and it gives me "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later".

Does everyone else get this message, or is something wrong with my phone I need to fix to get the OTA?

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. anabsa

anabsa Member

With the update not being released until tomorrow, that is very normal. I have checked in case of early release and not yet.

Edited: this shows what happens when I read and start to post before I fully wake up...

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I don't think that's a normal message even with an update on the way. It's a pretty common error message that indicates a condition where the phone can't even check for updates, not that the server is refusing to respond.

Have you tried checking while on WiFi (or if this is on WiFi, check on 3G)? Also, I seem to remember some people fixing this by going to Settings > Battery and Data Manager > Data Delivery > Social Applications and either checking or unchecking "Sync over WiFi only"

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

I get the same reply "not available at this time". I usually get the other message "you are up to date"

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

have you ever flashed a rom before? and never sbf'd?

that error message is what you get when your on a rom :p

unless something else has changed.

6. BritishGuy

BritishGuy Lurker

I used to get this same message until I turned a setting off that only enabled OTA updates while connected to the web via WiFi.

7. droidx2010

droidx2010 Member

I've tried checking on both, same message. I went through and checked the check boxes, everything is as it should be.

Never flashed a ROM, but I did SBF to get from the original Froyo leak (2.3.9) to the current (340).

8. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I agree. This was when Froyo came out. I don't know if it still applies since I'm on GB.

It's called"Sync over WiFi only" under Data Delivery - Social Apps

Unchecked gets you the OTA, checked will fail. :D

9. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

i am on a rom and get the "your device is up to date" message.

maybe sbf and see what happens after that?

10. droidx2010

droidx2010 Member

Yeah, I'm thinking an sbf is in order... oh well. Thanks for the responses guys

11. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Doubt it is coming tomorrow

12. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

lol...(and you might very well be correct). My first thought after reading this was how it reminded me of the sign at Joe's Crab Shack that they have right-out front (or did the many years ago that I was last there): "free shrimp tomorrow" :D ;) :p.

After waiting for 2.1 for our Eris (Erii?), us Eris-alums have learned to be patient and wait, and only be convinced that an upgrade is real when we see the OTA actually show-up on our phones.

(although I never actually got the 2.1 OTA since I rooted the weekend that it was being sent-out :D).

All the signs are that it should be soon, though (i.e., the leaks, the web postings, etc.).

Cheers!

bubbaken likes this.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews