• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A familiar Issue - a bit puzzled why this device has not shown up a bit more?

Hi Forum goers.
Ok so I got swindled / convinced into taking EEs Huawei Eagle Tablet, ever since my nexus 7 (2013) had a screen accident I couldn't find a replacement screen I was confident in shelling out the money for to replace it.

The issue I am having with the Huawei I think is two fold

1) the hardware is ageing - not much I can do there I guess
2) there is also bugger all software support to help compensate this. It's still running on 4.2.2 OS and no updates as far as I can see are planned. But the device is now getting laggy in doing some very basic tasks and I can't even install/run Microsoft office 360 on this OS - I have also noticed apps are routinely sneaking back in unwanted.

I am therefore conceding defeat and that the only course of action is rooting the device to have a better handle on the software side of things and perhaps overclocking slightly

problem is I have no experience in rooting and can find almost no guidance for this make and model - so does anyone here know what the best method would be, the only thing that I have come across is that the device appears to be very similar to the MediaPad M1 8.0 - it even shows up as this on the computer so a root option for that device may also work.

Many thanks in advance...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones