• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A few 4.3 questions

Becky_x

Mar 15, 2013
I've just updated tonight, been through everything and it looks pretty good. I'm especially pleased that the email menu is now readable! Instead of a light grey on a black background it's now a nice dark grey on a light background. I'm happy except for a few things I can't figure out.

1. When I press a button and view my lock screen the clock is to the left, is there any way to centre it?

2. As above but the padlock to unlock the phone with a swipe shows up with swirly lines around it. Is there any way to remove it?

3. Again, as above the network name shows up at the bottom of the screen. Any way to remove it?

4. When receiving a text instead of showing a preview in the notifications bar and seeing a 1 and an envelope on the screen which you could swipe and be taken straight to the text. It now shows a preview as before but also displays the message in a big yellow box on the lock screen! I've figured out you need to tap it to be taken to the message, sort of, I need to drag down and make a white square appear and then I can tap it and be taken to messages. In settings I've made it so it doesn't show a preview but at the same time I'd like to see who it's from and I still don't like the big ugly yellow box!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones