• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a few apps I'm looking for

73N5H1

Lurker
May 5, 2010
So there are a few app functions I'm looking for and I was wanting to know if anyone could give me any info if they know of any apps with this sort of functionality.

The first type of app I'm looking for is an app that would allow me to use the touchscreen of my droid as a type of usb or bluetooth tablet for my PC.

The second would be really useful for me...
I've recently found out that the Skype Mobile app isn't a "true" Skype client and not only can't utilize Skype over wifi, but also isn't even voip and still uses the minutes on your voice plan. So, in essence, you're paying twice for a call, once for the minutes on your normal plan and the 2nd time for the Skype credits.
My question is if anyone knows of a "true" voip Skype app that may be out or in development or even just a true voip app that will allow me to use my Skype account.
If there isn't one, does anyone know of an app that will let me use the mic and speaker in my droid as sort of a bluetooth headset so to speak, so that I could use Skype on my PC and just use my phone for the mic and speaker and not for the actual Skype client.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones