• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A Few Droid Incredible 2 Issues

killerbunny

Lurker
Jun 20, 2012
I have two main issues with my droid incredible 2, first is a problem with connecting it to a PC, and the second is the dreaded "Too many pattern attempts."

For the first issue, ever since my phone updated its OS, not sure to what but it happened around last Christmas, whenever I connect my phone to a computer, the computer doesn't recognize it but it does continue to charge. I have tried messing with the settings such as USB debugging and what it should do when it first connects to a computer, but neither have worked. Might anyone know what is wrong? One possible issue is that the charging port on the phone is a bit wonky and I have to position the cable just right to get it to charge. Could an internal pin have been knocked around?

The second issue is a bit more serious. We all know the too many pattern attempts error and like many others, I am locked out of my phone. Today I took it to the Verizon store and they said that when it is locked like that, there is nothing they can do and they can't backup my data with the lock on. Is a factory reset my only option? I already use the Verizon Backup Assistant with my contacts, but is there any way I can backup my text messages as well before I do the factory reset (if I have to)? Thanks a bunch.

Hello and welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

Here is a link that might help you with problem number one. http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/484411-tutorial-moving-stuff-between-android-pc.html.

For problem two...see the below.

If you are talking about a screen lock password, then after a fixed number of incorrect entries your device should prompt you for the password for the gmail account the phone is registered to. If that doesn't work, shut off the device, log into the gmail account on a website and change the password using Google's Password Recovery.

Once the new password is confirmed, turn on the device and try using the new password. The above does rely on you having either 3G or WIFI enabled on your device, and if it's not, the only other solution would be a full factory reset!

I hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones