1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

a few GSII questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rankzerg, Dec 21, 2011.

1. rankzerg

rankzerg Lurker

alright, so im gonna bite the bullet and buy a new galaxy s II, but i have a few questions i cant seem to google my way out.

ok so i am a backpacker and this phone will be used in multiple countries, i will obviously be getting a unlocked one.

i was wondering what is the difference between a international version and a non-international version GSII?

im looking at the one from amazon.ca (as a newbie here i cannot post links)

although it doesnt say international version, does it make a difference?

also, it says {no warranty}, i assume samsung will still offer some sort of warranty

i appreciate your guys' help.

cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. adamantell

adamantell Well-Known Member

hello welcome to the fourm.

anything you buy with a credit card comes with a warranty so i would pay with one of them :D

im unsure about the internationality thing

3. rankzerg

rankzerg Lurker

4. rankzerg

rankzerg Lurker

bump once again

c'mon.. can anyone please answer one quick question. ive spent hours googling trying to find a answer so i turn to this forum.

just 2 seconds of your life i need just to answer this simple question so i can buy my new phone and leave you all alone

5. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast

There is no difference. The i9100 model is the same as the i9100m Bell model. Buy it. :)

6. rankzerg

rankzerg Lurker

cheers for the reply.

but to be fair every version of the GSII has the same model number (i9100)

7. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

It has a different suffix for different versions. The standard international version should be without suffix. And I looked at the picture. It should be the standard international version. 4.3 inch screen with one physical home button. It also indicates no suffix.

8. rankzerg

rankzerg Lurker

Ahh so you say it is the international version? Alright sounds good. One more question, I'm not sure if you guys can answer this one, it says there is no warranty, but I assume samsung would offer warranty correct?

9. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

This is NOT TRUE for people on our side of the pond. Most charge cards give you no warranty in the USA. You laws are different and is one of the reason you people pay much more than the rest of us.

I would also bet that if the unit is purchased as a no warranty product in the USA, Samsung would not do anything to fix it if it went wrong.

10. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

Sad if can't get warantee. At least here, anywhere you buy, you should get Samsung warantee. But if you get from small shops, they won't be able to help you if you have problems, and probably no refund and return policy. Going to the service providers or bigger shops, you probably can get that.

The only reason for people to purchase from small retailers is to get freebies like free case, sdcard etc.

Anyway, if you get from Amazon, doesn't it have a retun policy even if without warantee?

11. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast

Use a credit card as mentioned earlier. Mine covers all purchases made (including online) and will pay for a replacement due to defect or theft/loss.

I would get it. You won't be sorry. It is a very nice phone :)

12. BCwrangler

BCwrangler Newbie

I have a International GSII that I use on Telus and am headed too Mexico next month with it(used my BB last year there). I got it from Newegg.ca and used the credit card warranty if anything went wrong early

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews