1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General A Few Months in...

Discussion in 'Huawei Watch' started by Torrid, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2010
    Hello!

It has been a few months now of heavy activity here in the Huawei Watch board, so I figured I would put this out there:

I have owned the Huawei Watch now for a few months, and the experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I easily get through my day on one charge, I believe Android Wear is still getting better, and, maybe most importantly, I have received several compliments on my watch. Many people are surprised it is a smartwatch, and I even had one co-worker say that he thought it was some real high end luxury watch like a Rolex. Everyone assumes it is a regular watch until they see me do something on it, and then their curiosity is piqued, and they wonder what it is. Every time, they are shocked.

I know this watch hasnt been out a year yet, but so far, I am loving this watch, and I was wondering how other people's experiences have been thus far.

Now I will go back to find that watch face that has the perfect weather info on it. I keep finding faces I like, but inevitable, the weather will get stuck on one temperature for several hours, and I wont stand for that! Haha.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    I also have the Huawei for a few months now (Christmas gift from my daughter!) and am loving it too! I have the one with the black metal link band.
    I only wear it on the weekends or when going out as my job will just destroy it, but the battery lasts all day especially with the speaker now working for notifications and such!

As for the watchfaces, I have tried so many of them I lost count:)
    Some of the ones I see on G+ and in this forum from some members I like and try.
    So many faces, so little time.

No issues as of yet, but once in a while the watch will vibrate and I'll have no clue why :thinking:

All in all I love it and have got my eye on the LG Urbane 2 watch. May have to request that for next Christmas :D

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Okay. Is there some trick to making the speaker WORK? Is there some setting in Android wear that I can get it to make a notification sound... but not actually take calls on it? How, exactly, does one get the speaker to function?

4. Mikestony

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Go into your settings on the watch, then go to the sound settings.
    Adjust the "media", "alarm" and so on, to be on and to the desired volume.

The_Chief likes this.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Ahhhh... on the watch itself. Okay, I'll give that a shot tomorrow when I put the watch on. Thank you!

Mikestony likes this.
  6. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2010
    Male
    Finance
    Burlington, VT
    I've been using Krona Sunlight and have been very happy with it.

7. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2010
    I will have to check it out. I am really looking for a watchface that provides the temperature, but otherwise looks mostly like a normal watchface. The weather would be mostly a "dial".

I am still amazed at how many compliments I am getting on the watch now. I have been wearing it for months, and all of sudden in the past couple of weeks, people cant stop talking about it. I received two more compliments on it yesterday, and again, it was from people co-workers I am around every day. I don't know if any of them will actually go out and buy the watch, but they definitely like it, and they even admitted that they might consider getting one.

8. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

Sep 17, 2010
    Male
    Finance
    Burlington, VT
    Ah, yeah, KS doesn't really look like a normal face, but it does have a ton of info, and I came from a Pebble watchface that had a similar depth of data and had grown attached to it.

I love my HW, and when using certain watchfaces have had people comment that it looks like a normal watch from a distance, which is kinda cool. Happy I sprung for a metal band as well.

9. tazwyn

tazwyn Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2016
    Male
    I have e general question, apologies If I am getting this in the wrong place ! New to watch & new to forum! Spec states 4GB of ROM, when I look at the watch storage it only shows 2.2GB. It doesn't say there was 4GB and 1.74GB has been used, it says 2.26GB with 404MB used and 1.86GB available. Is this correct ?

10. Mikestony

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Hello and welcome!
    Advertised storage space may indeed be 4GB, but after the OS takes its cut, you are left with 2.2GB.
    It's that way with all Android devices.
    Take for instance my LG G5....Advertised storage space is 32GB....what is available is really 23GB or something like that.

I don't have my watch handy so I cannot check, but I wouldn't be surprised of mine said something like that.....
    Let me see if I can find it a second :)

Edit: o.k...I must be a dum-dum, but where do I find the Storage info???? :p

Edit again: o.k...found it via the Wear app...my watch appears to have similar results as you have:
    Capture+_2016-06-06-20-39-11.png

#10 Mikestony, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    codesplice likes this.
  11. tazwyn

tazwyn Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2016
    Male
    Thankyou so much Mikestony, it's put my mind at rest. Loving the watch !

codesplice and Mikestony like this.