1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A few months w/o a screen protector, your results?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vip3rV333, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Finally got the Otterbox after using a cheapo eBay gel case. The quality difference is like night and day...

So my thoughts are, since this has such nice protection, should I keep my Phantom Skinz screen protector on? I never keep anything in my pocket when the phone is in there. Will I still get scratches since its glass?

Basically, those ppl that dont keep stuff in your pockets with your phone (keys, coins, ect) and dont have a screen protector, does your screen still look perfect after a few months?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hero_Guy

Hero_Guy Well-Known Member

yeah, my scrren is perfectly fine. no scrathes or anything except fingerprint marks. i wouldnt worry about and ive been barebacking it since may 25th and i dont even have any dust problems either. btw when i have my phone in my pocket, i always have the screen facing my thigh.

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  3. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

I already have the dust problem, so to late for that. But yeah, I keep the screen facing my thigh also just in case. My g/f's Dad (Palm Pre) recently bumped into a corner and the screen cracked while it was in his pocket. Can you guess which way it was facing? :)

4. Mike6453

Mike6453 Lurker

I keep my phone facing inward with no screen protection or case. It's also kept in the same pocket as my keys. I wear jeans everyday and it's a mildly demanding environment as far as bumps and jarring are concerned. This has been my daily routine since I got my Hero in November of 2009. So far no cracks, no scratches. Knock wood this will continue!

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  5. Joehunni

Joehunni Android Expert

my screen is still in perfect shape after 4 months, never used a case.

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  6. Sixxx

Sixxx Android Enthusiast

I've had mine since the beginning of June and the only thing I have is a cheap rubberized plastic case off ebay. No screen protector. Although I bought one, I just didn't like the way it felt over the screen and once I found out the screen was actually glass I just didn't worry about it anymore. My screen looks like the day I got it. Hooray.

Vip3rV333 likes this.
  7. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Okay thanks for the info everyone. :) My screen is naked now. And wow, it does feel better this way. (no pun intended)

8. +1 for no screen protector and no scratches, and I carry pens, change, keys, all kinds of junk in the same pocket as my phone.

9. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

No scratches.

Got dust under the screen, but its easy to take apart and clean.

10. pa4ul

pa4ul Newbie

no scratches here either. Had my phone since novemeber never had a cover or protector.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews