• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root a few newb questions..blur, themes, new market

rickrabies

Jul 24, 2011
iowa
i finally was able to get rooted gingerbread on my phone, running liberty rom.
now that i have 2.3 lots more "blur" stuff is on the phone....

what exactly is "blur" and what does it do?

themes, is this jus makeup, ie. wallpaper, icon changer, layout etc?
whats the dif between home launcher and theme?

i rebooted my phone one time and this new style market popped up and it had sorting and looked alot newer...but now its back to the old one.
can i get that back? not finding anything anywhere about an updated market place.

also coming from rooted froyo with liberty rom to rooted GB and liberty rom 2.0 i cant hide the task bar anymore :( also cant edit task bar either, what the frank?!

thank you :D

Blur is all the moto apps that are pre-installed that in my opinion slow the CPU down with lag. It's best to get a ROM without it so you run smoother unless you use those apps. Home launcher changes how your home screens and dock work. Themes can change your icons and status bar. I'm not sure about getting the old market back. I would stick with the new one for stability. I think hiding the task bar comes with what type of home launcher you have. I perfer LauncherPro Plus.

Reactions: rickrabies
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones