1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root A few problems I've been having with SC2.2V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gaw316, Feb 13, 2011.

1. gaw316

gaw316 Member

So let me preface this by saying I love superclean... the rom paired with the voodoo kernel makes my phone run as smooth as butter.. I've just been having a problem I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else on the forums...

Whenever I flash a new theme or mod, I need to disable the lagfix before hand in order for it to flash. If I don't, it always aborts and tells me there's an error. Is this normal?

Advertisement

2. saps

saps Extreme Android User

No its not. Yesterday I threw on SC2.2 and then followed it up with nitsuj17's redbread just fine

3. exzacklyright

exzacklyright Well-Known Member

my problems: launcher pro settings won't restore.... and I can't get more than 3 home screens.

4. gaw316

gaw316 Member

I'm also having trouble restoring backups even when voodoo is not enabled. I think I'm throwing into a bootloop as the phone is stuck on the samsung screen, but I have no idea if it's just my phone taking a longer time to load up.

5. exzacklyright

Also have a problem when scrolling through apps drawer? Also all my links keep resetting..... seems like nothing is working :[ Anyone else having issues with Launcher pro plus?

[​IMG]

6. noroth

noroth Member

Ran into that problem also. Seems like the general setup was the same, but many of the settings didnt seem to restore (ie. dock gestures, homescreens)

7. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast

I haven't had any issues. LP+, themes,.. everything is working fine.

8. exzacklyright

*EDIT* FIXED IT!

Don't install a previous backup..... it just corrupted everything and made it buggy.

9. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

I've had problems restoring adw settings and configuration...also can't back up settings...strangely enough, I can backup the desktop configuration. Another issue I ran into with adw on eb01 is randomly while setting up my home screen, ability to long press on the homescreen vanished :thinking: Whenever I try it, I just get the haptic feedback but nothing happens. If I switch back to the preloaded launcher, it works fine.

edit: the problem with the long press not working in adw was simply that I had unwittingly locked the desktop config.

10. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

I've had no problem flashing anything with voodoo and superclean at all....I never save adw or lpp setting though

11. grin0048

grin0048 Well-Known Member

I also had an issue today where my 3g wasn't working and I wasn't receiving calls or texts. I noticed that jt tweeted a yesterday about a Wifi>3g transition bug...was he referring to only his work on aosp?

12. speedfreak

speedfreak Well-Known Member

If this is the problems thread with sc2.2 then I found a bug/problem If you take a picture it takes a few minutes for the gallery to show the picture. It is there when you view the pictures from the camera app but from the gallery it takes a few minutes to see them.

13. MJMcMahon

MJMcMahon Well-Known Member

I've seen a couple of oddities since rolling up to 2.1V on Friday:

1.) Despite the contact having a picture in the contacts view, the contact does NOT appear with a picture when receiving a call or when viewing text messages from the contact.

2.) The built-in clock (Froyo's version, I presume) appears to be a desktop dock?? I keep trying to have it launch (for setting alarms, etc) when I touch the clock in Beautiful Widgets, but it won't launch. I'm unsure whether this is an issue with BW or with the clock.

3.) The built-in music app will not play through the USB port when docked in the car. :(

Other than that, it's been great!

Saw that 2.2V was released over the weekend. I've updated this morning and am still seeing the same issues. :(

14. MJMcMahon

Just tried clicking on the BW clock and now it's launching....one issue down. :)

15. MJMcMahon

correction: WAS launching. This appears to be an issue with BW. :(

16. karib

karib Android Enthusiast

I just noticed that too... Certainly a problem I can live with though.

17. MJMcMahon

Looks like the issue with music playing thru the USB was user error....there's an addition to the USB Settings (Settings/USB Settings) that includes an option for Media Player. Oddly enough, even though I set it to 'ask on connection', it didn't prompt when I plugged in this afternoon. It played thru the USB though!

I am still seeing FC's when the Car Dock app runs, although it appears to be some supporting software that's causing the issue because the dock app still shows up.

18. MJMcMahon

The source of the FC's has been identified: an old app (Car Dock Settings). Based upon what I can see, Car Dock Settings has been rolled into Car Dock Home v3. I uninstalled it and should be good to go now!

....now if I could just figure out why pics aren't showing up for the contacts outside of the contacts app...