• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few problems :(

Raindroid

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
OK so ive had my hero for about 2 weeks now.. And for the life of me I still cannot customize my ring tones/notifications or even alarms. This is my first android phone but damn its making me want to go back to windows mobile. I tried downloading "ringdroid" like someone suggested, but it only finds .mp3 files on my phone and not the .dm files I get from thumbplay (ringtone subscription site) and i just attempted a ringtone download and its saying theres not enough space!? I have a SD card in my phone thats not even remotely filled, so its not like i have no space.

And the last problem, my alarm!!! i use my phone as my alarm..or atleast i used to with a windows mobile phone. my android alarm doesnt seem to want to work, and the alarm apps i can find on the market are crappy and dont work unless you want to pay for it.

i deleted a bunch of the apps i dont use and tried to re-download my ringtone and its still saying i dont have any space. where the h3ll is my download going anyway? cant i have them automatically download to the sd card?
Whats up Rainroid. You need to press... menu, settings, sound and dispay, media volume. Always make sure the media volume is up. This is probably why the alarm is not going off. I had the same problem. And press the clock. make sure you have a tone that you can here set as the alarm. I would advise you to download quick settings. Great app!!!!!!!!!!! You will need it. I came from WMO as well. I loved my HTC Touch Pro, not anymore. Android kicks ass! Give a couple more days and you will feel the same way. Also download Astro File Manager. It has a task killer and you will need it to control your SD card. Make sure your not killing your alarm, messages, mail, Htc Sence. the important stuff. Also Astro File Manager will not let you kill the really important apps. This will keep your phone frunning smooth. DONT KILL YOUR TEXT MESSAGES AND APPS THAT YOU WONT TO NOTIFY YOU. IT WONT WORK. Use the task killer for Sprint Bloat Ware..... NFL, TV and other apps you download that are running in the back for no reason. Hope I helped out.

Upvote 0
0.o yeah i use a task panel killer but i didnt know it kills my txts and stuff. it takes android for EVER to receive new emails but my txts come through quickly.

my phone is rooted with fresh rom, i DO have astro file mngr.

i finally got my notifications changed to an mp3 i had but it does a blanket change.... like it changes every notification (new email, new voicemail, new txt, new this new that) and all i want is my txt msg notification changed to its OWN sound.

And apparently there is a thumbplay app for android but my barcode scanner scans it and then says it does not exist. I hate this damn barcode scanner! what the f*** ever happened to a download link :(

Upvote 0
heres a way to easily get ringtones and set them to certain people or just the default go to myxer.com sign up and search for ringtones when u find one u want it it sends a link to your phone in a text message download it from the link and it prompts you if u want to set the ringtone to a certain person or just the default its free and easy hope this helps let me know

Upvote 0
i was late to work the other day cuz my alarm did not have sound. my media volume is on high and i still cant seem to get any sound out of this phone. i have a windows mobile phone before too and this would never happen. can someone please help. also, i miss calls some times cuz im not getting volume...could it just be my phone?

Upvote 0
i was late to work the other day cuz my alarm did not have sound. my media volume is on high and i still cant seem to get any sound out of this phone. i have a windows mobile phone before too and this would never happen. can someone please help. also, i miss calls some times cuz im not getting volume...could it just be my phone?

Yup, there are multiple volume profiles, so to speak. There is also a volume profile for your Alarm Sound, and here is how you access it:

1. Go to your where you edit your alarm.
2. Once you are at the screen showing the clock dial and the list of options such as Description, Alarm Sound, etc; Click on Alarm Sound.
3. When you choose your sound, you should hear it play. While in this menu where you choose your sound, press the volume rocker up. You will now see it say alarm volume.

Upvote 0
Yup, there are multiple volume profiles, so to speak. There is also a volume profile for your Alarm Sound, and here is how you access it:

1. Go to your where you edit your alarm.
2. Once you are at the screen showing the clock dial and the list of options such as Description, Alarm Sound, etc; Click on Alarm Sound.
3. When you choose your sound, you should hear it play. While in this menu where you choose your sound, press the volume rocker up. You will now see it say alarm volume.

thank you soooooo much ccapasso. you just saved me a trip to the sprint store looking like an idiot. plus i dont have to walk around in this damn snow storm.

thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones