1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General A few questions about how the Charge performs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YankeeDudeL, Jun 3, 2011.

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    As I've stated before, I've got to replace two phones very soon due to the fact that they're adversely affecting our blood pressure. I'm thinking about some of the reasons why we're no longer happy with our OG Droid and DInc, and thought I'd pose these concerns to you Charge and Revo owners to see how they measure up (yup, I'm cross posting).

One thing that has driven me insane lately about my OG stems from answering a call. Most of the time, it takes a while for the screen to come up so I can answer. Usually takes about 5-10 secs to answer a call, but I've also missed calls because of the phone not answering. Also, sometimes after I receive a call (and on occasion, making one), the phone will automatically be on speaker without my selecting. After a few seconds it goes back to normal, but it's still annoying. This is not acceptable.

Pretty much the entire length I've owned my Droid I've had random probs while on the internet. Often times, it'll kick me off abruptly. Since about the time I've gone to Gingerbread, that issue seems to have stopped, but there's a lot of times where I can't connect to the internet at all, having to turn WiFi on and off (and this happens whether I'm on WiFi or 3G). My g/f's DInc will sometimes kick her off, or sometimes it'll randomly reboot her phone. Also not acceptable.

GPS generally works on my OG, just dandy, but it will restart the woman's DInc. Need stability. Also, how would you say it performs on your phone?

I have a lot of points where I'll get random lag on my phone. Sometimes scrolling through my homescreens is butter. Other times, it's like trying to walk back to the beach from the ocean. I know that rooting will fix lag, but is it an always fix, or just most of the time fix?

These are just a few thoughts, might post more as I notice more issue or concerns. So how do you feel your phone handles these complaints?

Advertisement

2. heartlesspine

heartlesspine Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    ive only recently purchased my Charge and i may have a few answers, or at least opinions...

i have already noticed a slight lag when returning to the homescreen from larger apps ( i in particular love my Gameboy application so i play it a great deal) but it has been no more than a few seconds (3-5). i also use my navigation app a lot and have had no problem whatsoever, it seems to place me a bit off my location but directions are always right on. as far as calls go i have not once had an issue answering or making calls but my area has not gained 4GLTE support and i assume that will only improve my experience....

i have browsed the net a great deal with it and the only thing which i have found irritating is that it will only play video through the you tube app and not directly from the web page or facebook or what have you...yet, when i have played the you tube video the quality was stunning. and im almost sure that once i customize the phone a bit more that problem will cease as i am only using the default browser as of now. but no connection or access issues. it seems this phone is great for multimedia apps, it even comes with a gift of $25 to spend at the samsung movie store, which has a limited but well credentialed line up, and through the hd output on its side it plays seamlessly on my samsung TV, in HD no less. the display is bright and crisp and the screen is large enough to make typing a breeze.

my only complaint, if it can be called that, is the slow processor but i mean....it is a phone...if i want an ipad i will purchase one and again it is not a gaming system or a samsung smart tv...a close friend has tried to convince me to take the iphone plunge and i do love my macbook but i love seeing what companies in competition with apple must do to overcome a behemoth with years of experience ahead of them, plus extra batteries are only $40 and the 32g sd storage makes a hefty argument as to this phone's superiority, i have to say though that one ends up having to make certain the data is stored on the card not the internal memory...plus memory is expandable with little effort. also yhe phone plays my songs out of itunes well and even stored videos i had uploaded to my computer in mp4 format...

all in all i am pleased and have decided to stave off the urge to go with apple's titanic gadget until perhaps my next upgrade period, hope that helped at all, please ask me more questions if you like i relish the opportunity to explore my device in depth...cheers

YankeeDudeL likes this.