1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A few questions about Xperia Pro

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Vobradok, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Vobradok

Vobradok Lurker

I need some help with this phone. First, this is my first smartphone and I like it a lot. I've done some reading about it and it seems to be a very decent smartphone especially for the price. However, what strikes me though is Android. I'm really happy with the OS and its capabilities so far.

First, the most annoying issue with this phone. I'm (probably) an undiagnostic photophobic as I hate all kinds of intense light (my threshhold is worse than most people) so the two lights that arrive from the three physical buttons annoy the hell out of me. I want them off permanently so if there's something I could ask a phonehouse to fix or some simple app that would be great. Any custom tips would be great too if there's the only fix but I won't mess with the phone itself so nothing extreme.

Second, is there any easy encryption file container kind of like TrueCrypt? It Does NOT need to require full disk encryption as all I'm interested is having a container I can put my sensitive data in with some pin code or whatever to lock it and use when I need to. It would be even better if the app in question is supported by Windows and Android.

Third, any decent public wi-fi security measures like a free VPN I can access to that will encrypt the transmission via HTTPS and the data that is transferred through.

Fourth, I was thinking of rooting the phone to give a try on the more advanced apps and any other features I can access through that but at first I didn't know that my model was that new which makes think twice about this because if any issues arrive during or after the rooting I'm probably screwed as this, as I understand it, devoids all kinds of warranty and there will be no help from others with similar issue because of its new release.

Fifth, because of my great history with Window's version of Avast I installed the mobile version for Android. I don't know if it's needed but I don't expect a phone (even smartphone) to be blazing fast so the small amount of resources it needs to protect what it can I will give it. An explanation about its (general) Anti-Theft measures would be great as I would want to activate that if I decide to root my phone later on.

Any tips about this specific model in general would be great as well. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download