• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root a few questions after rooting...

Sharkhunter45

Oct 4, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
This is not my first rodeo, so I know for a fact that when I rooted my device I followed directions to a t.

A day or two after rooting my device, I noticed I couldn't record videos on the LG camera, with a toast notification popping up that says "can not record while during a call" or something very similar. Confused, I rebooted the phone to try again, only to have the same notification pop up. Just yesterday I also noticed that LG's voice recorder says "can not record while other application is using audio." I unrooted the device through SuperSU after deleting all my root apps, accepted the OTA update which worked, and is working well.

However, those two errors are still appearing, and I have no clue what's causing them. Has anyone else run into this issue, and do you know a way (short of the debrick method) that I could fix this?

This is not my first rodeo, so I know for a fact that when I rooted my device I followed directions to a t.

A day or two after rooting my device, I noticed I couldn't record videos on the LG camera, with a toast notification popping up that says "can not record while during a call" or something very similar. Confused, I rebooted the phone to try again, only to have the same notification pop up. Just yesterday I also noticed that LG's voice recorder says "can not record while other application is using audio." I unrooted the device through SuperSU after deleting all my root apps, accepted the OTA update which worked, and is working well.

However, those two errors are still appearing, and I have no clue what's causing them. Has anyone else run into this issue, and do you know a way (short of the debrick method) that I could fix this?

What you have on is "OK Google" on every screen on. I know dumb as heck. Wish I could use both. If you turn that option off your video recording works again. Video is more important then talking instructions to my phone in my opinion. Other then that you could use a 3rd party capture software.

Upvote 0
What you have on is "OK Google" on every screen on. I know dumb as heck. Wish I could use both. If you turn that option off your video recording works again. Video is more important then talking instructions to my phone in my opinion. Other then that you could use a 3rd party capture software.

D'oh, thanks so much! That fixed it right away. Kinda silly how they both can't be on at the same time. I actually have been using the Google Camera so it's not as big of a deal, it just had me curious. Do you think there's an Xposed module or an app on the play store that allows for them to be on simultaneously? Or is that just something that has no way around it?

Upvote 0
D'oh, thanks so much! That fixed it right away. Kinda silly how they both can't be on at the same time. I actually have been using the Google Camera so it's not as big of a deal, it just had me curious. Do you think there's an Xposed module or an app on the play store that allows for them to be on simultaneously? Or is that just something that has no way around it?
. I have no idea why the camera would would be linked directly to OK Google command. Bad code?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones