• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root a few questions before i attempt to flash viciousMIUI..

goingdead

Jun 17, 2011
haven't visited the forum in a while, and i was ecstatic to see that there are some ICS things ready for the TB :D

anyways, ive been searching up forums and threads and still haven't found good answers for these questions:

what kind of radio is required for the latest update (i'm using the radio from GB 2.10.605.1, 1.48.00.0726w_2, 0.01.78.0802w_3, will it suffice?)?
is a kernel recommended for it (not familiar at all with kernels, their uses, or installing them, so i hope the answer is no lol)?
do you think viciousMIUI is better than liquid smooth 3.2 (i was going to install liquid first but then i saw vMIUI)? does it run better or are they both almost hte same, just aesthetically different?

(hope this thread doesn't sound uppity and lazy of me, i have been searching threads and forums, haven't found any good answers, figured i'd ask here :) )

Hopefully, Worm will come by and help out with MIUI since he's running it. I loaded it on my Dinc some time ago and didn't like the iphone look but some folks really love it.

Liquid is my go to rom. I always have a backup of 3.2 whenever I get frustrated by what I flash. As for radio I would get the latest which is 906w I believe. Everyone is having success with that.

Kernels come with the rom, don't bother with changing that just yet. Good luck, there is a lot of info out there and sometimes it doesn't jump out at you. That's why we have AF. :) Just ask.

Reactions: goingdead
Upvote 0
is a kernel recommended for it (not familiar at all with kernels, their uses, or installing them, so i hope the answer is no lol)?

It comes with Imo's 5.1.0 AOSP kernel, you can also try Zoom AOSP kernel (Zoom-Kernel (Thunderbolt-AOSP)), if you so desire. Zoom has had mixed results for those who have tried it, so it's best to just start with a basic flash of the ROM and try Imo's kernel first.

FYI, I am on MIUI ICS 4.0 and with Zoom kernel, and it works well with my phone.

Reactions: goingdead
Upvote 0
thanks to all of you, i really appreciate it :D
i ended up flashing it and i absolutely looooooooooooove it!
only problem i have now is finding the perfect theme lol

The nice thing about the themes, is you can mix and match. I think I had about 4-5 different pieces of various themes running together to get that perfect look.

I would search and download the themes from the browser or xda though. If you use the 'online themes' in the app it takes FOREVER to download.

Upvote 0
Themes, huh? Miui?

Have you not tried MIUI lately? MIUI is extremely flexible in the way you theme your phone. Like stated previously you can pick and choose what you want from each theme. For example, I can use the icons from one theme, the status bar from another and the lockscreen from yet another. It is simply amazing how you can go about it with MIUI. Back in my Droid days I hated MIUI because it mainly just looked like the iphone, but now with the options available it is by far the most flexible. I just can't go without MMS.:( So I'm on Liquid 3.2 right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones