• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A few questions / concerns about the indulge

Darksterlin

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
1) Right now when ever someone sends me a picture message it comes as a 5 or so second video and i can't zoom in, and the image is usually too small to make out what it is, is there a way i can make the image not be in a video format and so i can view it with zooming capabilities?

2) Recently I found my Samsung Indulge doing random things like opening apps, basically pressing the same general area nonstop, very annoying. Usually it fixes when i press the power button to put it into standby mode, but sometimes I have to go as far as to turn it off and restart. Any fix?

3) The camera button on the side doesn't work at all, I press it like nonstop and it won't work, I have to go to applications and press the Camera app, is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

1)install a different texting application, such as Handcent or Go SMS.
There's a way to view the actual large picture on the default SMS app, I forgot how to..

2) You may have had your sweat over the phone, or some other liquid. Since the screen is capacitive, the liquid messes with the induction on the screen and make it respond erradically. When that happens again, wipe the screen with a dry cloth (such as clothing) and it should work fine.

3) You must press and hold the camera button for it to open. It takes about 3-5 seconds for it to come up. If it doesn't after that, then your phone is broken, either software or hardware-wise.
You may try to delete the data in Home->Settings->Manage Applications ->Camera
and see if that helps...

Upvote 0
Use (Odin) to return it to stock like how the indulge comes right out of the box brand new. if you are using the stock rom or the basix rom. Odin will re-write the software back on your phone. my cousin phone was doing the same thing until i used Odin and then i rooted her phone then i put the basix rom on her phone and she never had that problem again. But if u want to use Odin its under (Indulge - All Things Root) its the 3rd post it will say [R910] How to flash using Odin to return to stock and follow the instructions. if u need help just post it in here and Me or one of the other Members will get with you.....theres a bunch of members on here so you will get help if this helps click thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones