1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories A few questions (gps, chargers, etc)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Duffmaster, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Duffmaster

Duffmaster Member
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Copy Writer
    Southern California
    This is my first Android phone and I came from the Motorola Q9H Global. The Atrix is insane and anyone I let play with it always comments on the speed. I plan on keeping this phone for a while :D

I have a few questions that maybe you guys can help me out with, I want to keep this phone in tip top shape, I can get protective of my gadgets:

1) My Motorola Q9H Global uses the same type of connector to charge the phone that the Atrix does, does this mean I can use the Q9H charger for the Atrix? As in, is there an Amperage difference that's in the chargers that might ruin my Atrix over time if I use the Q9H charger?

2) I have some random car charger with a mini usb tip that I converted to the micro USB tip that my Q9H and Atrix use. I charged my Q9H with this car adapter but I have no idea if it is actually compatible. If it charges, is it safe to assume it can charge the Atrix without degrading the battery?

3) I noticed this phone has some form of GPS, if I use it do I have to pay extra for some special service? I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan if that helps.

4) With the stock Atrix OS (motoblur), on the second screen to the right are 4 boxes that say "Select Contact". I don't know how I did it but one is gone, any idea how to get it back? I plan on adding some contacts to them if that is their function for quick calls.

I appreciate the help!

Advertisement

2. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Your chargers should be fine. If you are really concerned you can purchase a new Motorola car charger on Amazon for less that $6.00.

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Google Maps/Navigation is free and probably one of the best available anyway. It does use data but since you have unlimited data that's not a concern.

To add your contacts widget back either press your finger on a blank spot on the screen until the menu pops up or click the menu button and click "Add", select Motorola Widgets, and finally Contact quick tasks.