1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A few questions I need answered please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mallissa, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Mallissa

Mallissa Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Female
    OH
    Ok, I came over from a Thunderbolt/Blunderbolt and am hoping I will be happier. My main reason was that I wanted to stick with 4G so I could get locked into the unlimited for the next few years. The TB was absolutley absurd. I got it on launch day and had 4 replacements before finally giving up. All that being said, I am having some trouble adjusting to life without Sense UI. lol

Here are my questions:
    1. I have seen a few people say that LED notification is present, and they can change the color, how?
    2. I am assuming the buttons at the bottom are stationary, but is there another program/app that will give me more custumization?
    3. HOW ON EARTH do I tweak this thing so I don't have 89% android system use?
    4. Is there a setting that would automatically capitalize the first letter of the sentence? I am finding it very annoying to have to hit the shift button every time.

I am really wanting to love this phone, and have already found that it's faster then my TB was. Any tips would be awesome. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Dogwalker

Dogwalker Newbie
    None

May 29, 2011
    1. Led notification is present, though I am not sure how to change the colors.
    2. Get launcher pro and use it as your ui.
    4. Go the settings keyboard and select the Auto capitalization feature based on what input type you are using.

3. Haxcid

Haxcid Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2009
    1. Not sure. There is a light but mine is blue or green all the time.
    2. What kind of customization?
    3. Root it, run titanium backup and freeze the bloat apps. I also turned off my 4G radio. Right now I am at 44% but the more I use the phone the higher it climbs.
    4. which keyboard, the default or swype?

4. navycow

navycow Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Since the others have been answered I'll tackle the color of the led. It depends on the application and what it wants to do with the led color. In my case I use kik messenger to text my wife since it's free. That app lets me go into the notification settings and change the color of the led. go sms also allows you to change the color. however on this phone it doesnt seem to work... stays blue. on my G2x it would work, maybe it requires an update.

5. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert
    None

Oct 19, 2010
    OC, CA
    For question no. 2, if you meant changing icons on the bottom dock on home, you can do that by dragging icon from app drawer to dock. Or you can use tried and proven Launcher Pro instead of LG stock UI.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Oh boy, I hope this doesn't have an RGB-only LED. I used like 8 colors on my Droid 1 with CyanogenMod with different colors for everything...

7. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Like others have said, get LauncherPro. For one, it's very smooth. You can easily change out the layout of the launcher dock (the buttons on the bottom), and even use custom icons. As an added bonus, if you upgrade to LauncherPro Plus (a paid version with more options), you can add widgets that are very similar to Sense widgets (like the contacts widget, friend stream, etc..).

As far as capitalizing, on my Droid you can go to Menu > Setting > Language & Keyboard > Android Keyboard Settings > Auto-capitalization (check). As I don't have this phone, the layout can be very different, but hopefully that'll get you pointed in the right direction.