1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A few questions on Appbrain

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by !on, Dec 4, 2011.

1. !on

!on Android Expert

Having trouble with Appbrain. I have Fast Web Installer enabled.

Where does it list phones? I'd like to remove one (of two) phones I've had listed with my account. I can't see anywhere on the page that lists my phones, or how to manage them.

I recently updated my rom. Now Appbrain webpage shows apps that are installed, but are not, due to flashing a new rom. How do I sync them back? If I hit sync on the phone, nothing happens. Shouldn't there also be a "sync" button on the web page? I can't see one.

If I manually choose apps in Appbrain (on the phone), nothing happens, instead I have to go in the Market to install them. Is Appbrain broken?

I have read that some phones have the same Android ID & this causes Fast Web Installer not to work.

Other app stores seem to work, but they don't have this so-called sync feature. Are there any other app stores out there that have a web based sync, that works?

Cheers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. !on

!on Android Expert

OK I'm being a bit dumb, phones are listed in google dashboard.... :rolleyes: .... but you can't remove old devices!? So these two phones, that have the same name, are gonna present themselves to me when I log in to Market or Appbrain. One was stolen, the other I have. I just have to GUESS which one because they have the same name!! Yeah, thanks Google.... NOT!!! :mad:

I'd still like to see phones listed in Appbrain, if only for Appbrain only.

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I use Appbrain but never got fast web installer to work. During its installation, it asked me to choose a phone, the one I have or the two that died, with no clue given as to which is which. Market at least gave me dates of last usage when they wanted me to choose. So for all I know, fast web doesn

4. !on

!on Android Expert

Thanks for your reply. Yes that is a pain, having devices called the same thing under Fast Web Installer. Removing old phones from google dashboard is not reflected in Appbrain! Whatever, I'll try your suggestion!

I'm having to update apps one by one, by going from Appbrain to Market... yet they're all ticked "auto update" :thinking:. Why can't I select multiple items to update?

Strangely, when I wake up in the morning, I find a ton of apps have updated themselves over night :thinking: - I no understande, phone is in sleep mode!?

We need ONE market that has push / sync. It's very sloppy enabling FWI & batting between Appbrain & Market. google should be on top of this.