1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A few questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whippintegra, Feb 27, 2011.

1. whippintegra

whippintegra Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    I have had the xoom for a few days now and I love it but I am having some random problems that maybe some one can figure out and answer.

1. I sometimes the Xoom locks up and I can not power it up and the only way I am able to power it up is to hit volume up and hold power for around 5 seconds.

2. Some programs do not close i.e. "Play on" in fact I could not even get back to the main screen and had to power off the xoom then back on to clear it. Others just stay running in the background.

3. if I dont power it off when I plug it in to charge it will power cycle it on and off, (Motorola screen, Honeycomb wallpaper, unlock screen, Motorola screen, Honeycomb wallpsper, unlock screen, etc. Over and over)

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Member
    None

Feb 23, 2010
    Technical Support
    Texas
    1. I experienced this a few times, initially, along with some force closing. I did a hard reset to get rid of what preloaded stuff I could (music) and have not had any issues since.

2. Welcome to Android. Unless you're going to be loading the thing down with scores of apps, it's nothing to worry about. As you need it, the OS will free up memory resources. With the apps that continue to play in the background, I'd first check the menu in the app itself to see if there is either a setting to disable playing while in the background or an exit option. If neither of those two help, then you should be able to manually close the app from the Settings menu. You also have to consider that even though some applications work on the device, they may not be fully optimized for it.

3. I'd do a hard reset. I've heard of this with a number of Motorola devices. Usually seems to happen after a firmware update. I have folks do a hard reset and this has resolved the issue 95% of the time.

3. whippintegra

whippintegra Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    I did a hard reset the night before last and it worked fine for a few hours. i went to the verizon store and (thats when it was working fine) they told me that hitting up volume and power is like hitting reset. So basically my xoom is freezing up. Well it is back to its old tricks so I am going to bring it back today for a exchange. very disappointed in that. :(

4. whippintegra

whippintegra Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Yep it was official my xoom was dead, and because i only had it less then a week they gave me a replacement then and there.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    just an FYI, playon will not work now due to lack of flash currently, so id just uninstall it until flash support comes our way...