1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A few questions..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tariq, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Tariq

Tariq Lurker

Theres a possibility my dad might be getting me this for xmas but i have a few questions regarding the data plan.

I have a family plan of 4 Me, my dad, my brother, and sis.

How much would data for 1 droid be? And how much would it be if my whole family had smart phones?

2. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

$30 for one, unlimited use.
    Don't know how much for the rest.

3. Tariq

Tariq Lurker

Thank you.

4. sch911

sch911 Newbie

It's $30 for EACH smartphone on top of the voice plan.....

5. GDroid

GDroid Android Enthusiast

..and don't let them talk you into the $45 data plan!

6. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

There's a $45 data plan? I've never even had any of the reps mention it to me. What is supposedly the difference?

7. GDroid

Yes, here's the description from Verizon's site:

Unlimited Data Use

Synchronize your mobile PDA or Smartphone to your PC with PDA/Smartphone from Verizon Wireless, providing over-the-air synchronization of e-mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks. Service available within the NationalAccess or, with certain devices, the Mobile Broadband service area.

Some Verizon reps were confusing customers (unknowingly or not) by telling them that this $45 plan would allow their Droids to work with Exchange, but as we all know, this is not true. The $30 plan is fine.

8. sch911

sch911 Newbie

Like the blackberry BIS vs. BES plans. Verizon has two plans a personal plan $30/mo. and a corporate plan $45/mo. The latter supposedly includes the ability to sync with Exchange servers.

9. GDroid

Most, if not all of us who are using Exchange are currently on the $30 plan. Those who are on the $45 data plan and using their own Exchange servers at work should downgrade to the $30 plan. The $45 is for a Verizon-hosted service.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews