• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A Few Rom Questions

I currently am running the leaked Froyo ROM on my Droid X but would like to try out more of them. I successfully flashed FlyX on to it, but had trouble with getting some things to work so I went back to the leak. I am currently rooted and have ROM Manager installed and the recovery works.

The questions I have:

How can I backup my contacts in such a way where it keeps all the links between my phone and Facebook contacts? I exported my contacts to my SD Card via the export option built into the contact list, but when I restore them it only has my phone contacts, not my Facebook ones and to get them back I have to add my Facebook account and re-link all the contacts by hand. This takes a lot of time and I don't want to do this every time I try a new ROM.

Also, should I(and do I have to) roll back to stock 2.1 and install the 2.2 OTA if I want to use more ROMs(ZapX, rubiX, etc..)?

Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones