• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few simple Questions! Help needed!

Euro101

Feb 15, 2010
Ok so i just finished installing BH_Mans new rom and im in love with it. Now i wanted to go install an apps from the DroidAppz forum and the instructions say:2. Unzip the content of the SDCard.zip to the root of your SD Card. What does this mean?

I read in BH_Mans thread about installing his new rom that "root is included" But i dont know exactly what do do or what it is or how to use it.

Any input would be great!

They are two different roots. The "root" that comes with BH_MAN's ROM is giving you administrative control over your phone. It's what gives you the ability to hack your phone. The "root of your SD Card" is just the very top level of SD Cards file structure. So place the App from DroidAppz on your SD Card so that it's not in any folders.

Try googling "root level of a hard drive" it might help you understand

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones