• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a *floating* case?

robomo

Jan 3, 2012
Just bought a Casio Commando - in the mail, but anxiously waiting for it!

The first thing that comes to mind for accessories is a floating case - maybe wood perhaps?

I've not been able to find anything, but I seriously think there's a huge market for a floatable case for the Commando.

It's shock proof and waterproof already, why not make it float? :D

Well from experiments and common sense, it takes a large volume of air to float the comando relative to its size. You can make it just about neutraly bouyant with the material found on one beer cozy. Maybe if you could cut and stitch something like that and add a retractable ID card lanyard with a boat type floating keychain tethered to it you would be able to fish it out. The sad part is I recomended to a friend interested in the phone that he find a floating case to compliment his duck hunting hobby, came home and started trying it. It only takes half a beer cozy to cover the back and sides of my commando, and even if I were to take the time to stitch one up all pretty it would make the phone too large even for my taste. Maybe a retractable lanyard tethered to a floating wallet? Again, not my taste but more feasable.

Good luck,
John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones