• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Fond Farewell to My Beloved Merc

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted here but aside from being impossible to root without a computer, I never really had a problem with the Merc.
The constant whoring to get the stupid Muave update was annoying but I just ignored it.
No, what killed Merc for me was Cricket screwing with my plan. They eliminated the plan I have been using forever and arbitrarily jacked the price way beyond what I wanted to pay.
So sod off Cricket and hello Virgin Mobile for half the monthly cost.
I'm rocking an HTC EVO V 4G now with the. 3D camera and I'm loving it.

I wish you all well. You guys helped me learn a lot about rooting.
Peace,
~Gypsy

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted here but aside from being impossible to root without a computer, I never really had a problem with the Merc.
The constant whoring to get the stupid Muave update was annoying but I just ignored it.
No, what killed Merc for me was Cricket screwing with my plan. They eliminated the plan I have been using forever and arbitrarily jacked the price way beyond what I wanted to pay.
So sod off Cricket and hello Virgin Mobile for half the monthly cost.
I'm rocking an HTC EVO V 4G now with the. 3D camera and I'm loving it.

I wish you all well. You guys helped me learn a lot about rooting.
Peace,
~Gypsy
sorry to hear about the cricket shenanigans
glad you found a better phone and cheaper plan =]
got any plans for the new phone?

Upvote 0
I changed mine to the $55, 2.5 GB plan they had right before they changed again to the all Muve plans and they haven't said anything to me yet. I would have still been on the 1 GB $55 plan if I wouldn't have read about it on here and CU and changed it myself. Did you change phones or how did they tell you that you had to change? I hope they don't make me change mine, i'm saving $5 a month right now by not having Muve. On the other hand, the $60 plan has free tethering, so it might be worth it.

Upvote 0
I was on the $45 a month unlimited everything plan (+$5 insurance and taxes and fees made it $63) I had that plan since my Huawei Ascend. Anyway, I missed a payment, got shut off and then let it sit for two months while I paid off other obligations.
When I went to pay and turn on again they said my account was deactivated. They could get my old number but not get my old plan. I had to take the $55 plan (which came out to almost $70 a month)
Anyway, I got the prepaid EVO and its plan is $35 a month unlimited text and internet. 350 talk minutes. And who talks that much anymore? Lol Plus the 3D camera is BOSS!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones