1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A friend is needed to support Paid Apk security.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mehmet01, Jun 25, 2022.

1. mehmet01

mehmet01 Lurker

Hello. I have an APK file. Write protected. It breaks when recompiled. Can a friend who can provide paid support on this issue contact me via e-mail, please, thank you.
    My mail address. (Email removed for your protection)

Mod addition.... Please PM OP

#1 mehmet01, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2022

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

An APK file is basically a 'finished' file and is used as is to install an app, it doesn't require compiling or processing. Perhaps you're confusing an APK with the source code used as part of the process to create an APK?

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  3. mehmet01

mehmet01 Lurker

I need clone it. can not change the package name

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm not a dev, but what exactlyare you actually trying to do there? Are you trying to modify or hack this APK? When you say "Write protected", does that mean it's been digitally signed by the original dev to protect it against modifications?

#4 mikedt, Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    svim, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

There are likely reasons as to why this APK file is locked down so your efforts to 'hack' into it are in question.
    Also, wording like 'recompile' and 'cloning' don't even apply to APK files so there's a basic definition issue here too. It would make everything more clear if you instead avoid using 'techie' words you've ran across and just state in what you are actually trying to do and why.