• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A good silcone case?

I bought the one from RadioShack for my HTC EVO but when I got home and put it on, I don't like it. It recesses the camera lens, which I like because it isn't sitting right on it now, but the edges of the case don't fit well and are kind of bowed on both sides. Plus it's really bulky and I can't slide it into my pocket now.

I like the silcone cases; anyone use one that isn't really bulky and actually fits well?

I bought the one from RadioShack for my HTC EVO but when I got home and put it on, I don't like it. It recesses the camera lens, which I like because it isn't sitting right on it now, but the edges of the case don't fit well and are kind of bowed on both sides. Plus it's really bulky and I can't slide it into my pocket now.

I like the silcone cases; anyone use one that isn't really bulky and actually fits well?

I totally hear you. I got the one in my Sprint store (i suspect it's the same one you got). The long edges bow outward. The thing is very grippy, and it's near impossible to take it out of your pocket without flipping the pocket inside-out and consequently emptying everything else out of the pocket. Also made my phone look fat.

These days I keep my phone naked unless I need to use the phone as a Nav. Then I pop on the silicone case and prop it on my dash. Because of the grippiness, the phone won't slide around at all when I make turns, etc. So... I found a use for it.

Also, the other advantage I noticed is that I don't accidentally brush my hand on the edge of the screen, triggering something like the search button.

And after typing all that, I don't have any suggestions for an alternative. sorry. :)

Upvote 0
Well, if anyone chooses to use a plastic and/or the new aluminum full body clip on case, it would be wise to add a "Invisible Shield" on the screen. A friend of mine just got his EVO along with a cool hard plastic case. It looked cool, it was a little bulky but slick. However, after a week of the EVO being in the body case, he noticed the sides of the case that makes contact with the outer edge of the EVO's screen, had put small scratches and dibbets on the screen it made contact with.... I have also heard people make complaints about other full body non-silicone covers doing the same thing.

Now, as of recent, he was able to get his screen replaced..... lucky him... but now he applied the "Invisible Shield" to his screen and he is no longer having the same issues.

Upvote 0
I do have the invisible shield applied, and am loving it! I recently had my phone in my purse and it was scratched by the zipper on my wallet...luckily, the invisible shield protected it. It caused minor bubbling under the shield from where it scratched, and I just used the squeege that came with it to get the bubbles out. It took about 2 days for them to be gone completely, but they are now. You can't even tell. The thing is incredible!

Wish I had better luck with the silicone case, though. I may take up on the advice of the first reply, and use it for my dashboard :) Thanks for the idea

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones