• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A great phone but...

I'm currently looking at different smartphones, e72 being my main alternative if I don't settle for one of the androids. I have also seen some pics of the calendar app in android, and must say it doesn't look very impressive, compared to the e72 which simple and yet so extremely effective in its monthly overview.

Is there any good replacement calendar you can install on android phones, maybe similar to the s60 calendar in terms of monthly overview?

// Andreas

Upvote 0
Yeah, the monthly view on symbian is like crack to me. So far, nothing compares. The other 2 reasons that drove me to stop using the galaxy were battery life and connectivity.

The E71's battery lasts about 3-4 times as long as the galaxy. But that may have something to do with the fact that the e71's battery is about twice the size ;) and requires far less processing power than the galaxy. And as for connectivity, my E71 had no trouble finding my wireless modem anywhere in the house whereas the galaxy lost the signal the moment I moved out of the same room the modem was in. Hell, it even picks up my neigbours signal, lol.

But mostly its the touch thing, its just not for me. But at least now I can say I gave it a try.

EDIT: Not everything is sunshine and roses in the symbian world though. The UI candy is horrible. It looks like their graphic designers are still using Windows 3.11 >.<

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones