• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A GREAT Time to BUY SPRINT STOCK?

jds4000

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
Sarasota, Florida
As you may or may not know, Sprint's stock is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP due to record losses of subscribers over the past few years. HOWEVER, the company is indeed at the cusp of a HUGE turnaround due not only to the imminent release of the HTC EVO which will be wildly successful, but also due to the fact that Sprint is adding thousands of NEW subscribers to their pre paid phone plans. Sprint is also set to release a new brand of contract free, pre paid phones at Wal-Mart, and we ALL know the traffic that Wal-Mart sees.This very well may be a GREAT time to load up on this stock. Sprint has captured the attention of MANY analysts of late, ALL of whom are envisioning a BIG turnaround for this company. Current stock price? Several dimes above $4 a share. There is some risk, but I for one believe the risk is minimal and the reward could be substantial!

Reactions: Norril
Seems like now would be a decent time to buy some sprint stock, but, and this is a big but, if Apple and Verizon announce an iPhone on their network with future LTE and a front facing camera, game over. I'm not saying that it will be better or as good as the evo, but the general non geek public will and few people will buy the evo unless they're allready tied into sprint's network. Perception is everything and the ad will simply say "the most popular phone on the most popular network" and they'll sell millions of which a good chunk may have bought the evo. Of course if the iphone doesn't come to verizon, then no big deal and the stock should do pretty well.

Upvote 0
I bought some Sprint stock. Seems like a relatively safe bet, but it is a bet. The upside to me is that it really is Sprint/Clearwire stock. I think cable providers are just beginning to see Clearwire as a partner more so than a direct competitor in some markets.

I don't fear the iPhone-carrier hookup because people use Sprint for the value it provides. That's going to be the case for the foreseeable future because neither ATT or VZW are going to be able to drop prices. LTE is not going to suddenly surpass Wimax (it has potential but will still take time and just isn't as far down the development road as is being claimed - and it's very expensive to deploy). TMo's more likely to merge/get bought than anything and not stay as the other value provider.

And I would not rule Sprint out for 4G iPhone because Apple will go where the money and potential is. I also think Apple will make sure it keeps it's options open as long as possible for both a CDMA and GSM version of it's 4G phone. Then it would come down to who can give Apple the best deal for an exclusive. There will be a lot of potentially new sales coming from ATT though because the lingering network issues and lack of commitment to being out in front on network speed and reliability even with HSPA+ is going to weigh heavily.

I want to see Sprint succeed so I'm admittedly biased.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones