1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

A Hard Decision: Transformer Prime or GNex??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BSP, Nov 29, 2011.

1. BSP

BSP Member
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi there,

So I have a small dilemma: picking between the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime, or the Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus. I really can't decide which to get for xmas/ bday gift. I currently have an iPhone 4, and an iPad, but my brother has convinced me to jump on board the Android train. Here's the thing though-- overall I like the Prime better than the Nexus, just because of the tegra 3 and the whole computer thing. However, my issue with it is that I currently have a laptop that has virtually all of my favorite games on it-- although it has bad battery life. Has anyone gotten the original transformer and found how they use it in conjunction with their computer? I guess the problem is that I just don't know how much I'll use this when I have my computer...I suppose as much + more than the iPad, which is a decent bit (i.e. on the go).

The thing I like about the GNex is that...well...it's all around (not talking camera;) ) pretty good, plus I feel I'd use it more. However, the big turn off for me is that it's coming at the tail end of the dual-core/tegra 2 age. I know that as soon as you get a phone nowadays the second you buy it it's obsolete, but I just have an issue with getting something so close to that time...

Well, as you can tell from what I wrote you'll probably come to the conclusion that I like the Prime more, but what do you guys think?

Advertisement

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    That is a tough decision but I'll choose the Gnex because it's an upgrade from the IP4, IMO. To me a mobile phone has more value than a tablet and since you already have an Ipad and a good laptop, then I guess you don't really need the prime.

Good luck with your decision.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I'd take a GNex. doesn't matter if its coming at the tail end of the "dual-core" age. Even if they churn out quad qore phones next year, the dual cores are still enough. Up to now even the single cores are still doing quite well.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    I am not going to tell you what to choose, I plan on getting a nexus due to me needing a new phone. I would suggest you look at your current devices and determine what you need more. I can't justify my own need for a tablet enough to spend much money on a tablet but if you need a tablet more than a phone then go for the prime, if you are in need of a phone more than a tablet then go with the nexus.

Overall they are both great devices (you couldn't go wrong with either one) and a year from now when you are looking to upgrade the one you don't upgrade this year there will be ever better devices out there.