1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

a High-Capacity Media Player (no , no apple products)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nex_1, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Nex_1

Nex_1 Member

Feb 4, 2010
    In Earth , Obviously
    Hi
    i'm looking to buy a protable media player .. something to store my super-huge set of music .. it's like 25-27 gigs .. not to mention videos !

at first i was about to buy an iPod Classic .. but uh-no i have i friend's iPod Touch for a week and my experience with iTunes was bullshit !

isn't there a Samsung/Sony/Sandisk/Zune have a big screen (2.5^) and has at least 50GB ? .. without a software to transfer music ? (SonicStage was good .. iTunes is a piece of shit!)

guide me people :)

Advertisement

2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Android Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2010
    Student
    Southampton, England
    Are you looking for a touchscreen one, or do you prefer something more similar to older mp3 players like the old iPod with its buttons. Or not bothered either way?

3. Tangent

Tangent Android Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2010
    Sansa View. 2.4" screen, from 8 to 32 Gigs internal storage, expandable with Micro SD/SDHC, and also has a built-in FM tuner. I got my wife a Sansa Fuze for her last B-Day and she loves it. It comes with syncing software, but I just drag & dropped all her music files to it.

4. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Programmer
    Columbia, SC
    This.
    I have several of these as well.
    I would use a Sansa over an iProduct any day.

5. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Android Expert

May 29, 2010
    You dont have to use itunes with ipods to sync. But if you really dont want to use a ipod classic. Zune HD is a good choice also. I would seriously reconsider the classic tho. At the price you get that 32gb Sansa for you can get a 160 GB classic and not have to worry about running out of space anytime in the near future. I don't know much about the Sansa so I wont comment on it, but I have had a classic for over 5 years now and never had a single problem with it.

6. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Programmer
    Columbia, SC
    The guy said no Apple products.
    That means... no Apple products.

I can't blame the guy, iPods are crap no matter how much they hold.

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Archos 5

5" screen
    Android OS
    Up to 500GB internal storage.
    Wifi
    What else is there?

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

8. creative zen range?

9. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Android Expert

May 29, 2010
    Ya I can read just fine. But he also said he was just having problems with itunes. So I didn't know if he knew he could just use a different syncer. I would like to know how ipod classic is just crap tho.

10. Nex_1

Nex_1 Member

Feb 4, 2010
    In Earth , Obviously
    Pryomancer : .. as long as it has a big screen .. i don't care , but it's preffered anyway
    Tangent : Hmm , looks sweet! , i'll check it out , Thanks!
    VegasOnAcid : if i can sync music & videos with iTunes i won't even be here now .. come come and think about it .. the Zune HD sounds perfect .. but even if i have to pay the price of a MacBook to buy 8Gigs .. as long as i dont have to deal with iTunes .. i'm okay with it .. Thanks
    IOWA : wow .. that big :D .. no pal i was hoping for something ... portable :p thanks anyway
    mrqs : creative zen ? hmm ... i'll check it out , Thanks

.. Hey Guys .. i ran across something sweet while on the Zune site .. did anybody try this thing ? Thanks y'all