• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A List of Apps which will install some adware.

dcadar

Mar 22, 2010
Brno
Hello,
I think it is useful to have a list of apps which are installing some adware or malware. Of course, everybody can help to build a complete list.

The list:

ADWARE:

All Live Wallpapers from Developer Jason Allen
Brightest Flashlight
CK Zombies (being debated)
Fake Electric Sleep game
Fishing Game
Fleya
Galaxy S Theme for GO Launcher Ex
GPSFix
Gun Bros (being debated) *
Llamas with Hats | soundboard
Magic the Gathering Helper
mp3download
MP3 Downloader Pro
MP3 Music Downloader
MuT
MySettings
Night Beach Live Wallpaper
OverclockWidget
Picasa Mobile Web
Pokedex for Pokemon Black/White
Screenshot by Kastorsoft
Sex Positions Advanced
Skyrim | soundboard
Slot Machines
Sudoku Puzzles
Traffic Jam
true or false quiz
Would You Rather
Zombie Tower Defense

it does display some notifications with adds for itself, but nothing else. In my case, I've had one notification in over two weeks with some deals from the in-game shop. I would say it's quite safe. I guess that's also the case with CK Zombies.

MALWARE:

Counter Elite Force
Counter Strike Ground Force
CounterStrike Hit Enemy
Heart Live Wallpaper
Hit Counter Terrorist
Stripper Touch girl
Balloon Game
Deal & Be Millionaire
Wild Man
Pretty women lingerie puzzle
Sexy Girls Photo Game Lifestyle
Sexy Girls Puzzle
Sexy Women Puzzle

AVOID THESE APPLICATIONS!!

To get rid of them, you can use AdDetector, AirPush Detector, Addons Detector.

Some work on some of the applications, some on other applications.

Great job of listing some of the bad apps ! You're providing a needed service to the Android community. We all owe people like yourself a debt of gratitude.
We need more of this kind of info.
With that said, I'd like to suggest that you see the posting I just did today in the 4th 'Sticky'...."Android Permissions Explained".
In it I suggest that we find a way to include all apps like the ones you listed in ONE PLACE, available to all Android users to check....before they download a bad app.

What you did here is a good start.

Upvote 0
I've been having a horrible time with ads being pushed to my phone. Today I downloaded the very helpful AdDetector, AirPush Detector, and Addons Detector after uninstalling several apps indiscriminately with no luck. I identified and removed NEXTbus and haven't had a problem since.

Be sure to go to the market and leave feedback about these hideous and potentially harmful apps.

Thanks so much for posting!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones