• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Little Confused

nailzer

Android Enthusiast
Sep 13, 2011
Central Florida
Home sick with the flu I've been using my G7 quite a bit today. After it got to 64% I got the charging brick and hooked it up to charge. It said the charge time would be 1 hour and 19minutes to 100%.

I also have an Anker Qi certified wireless charger. This is what's confusing. When I unplugged the phone from its charging brick and put it on the wireless charger It displayed the same 1 hour 19 minutes charge through the same app, Fullcharge. The g7 isn't supposed to have fast charging through a wireless charger but my phone charged as fast wireless as with the USB3 brick. How can that be?

Home sick with the flu I've been using my G7 quite a bit today. After it got to 64% I got the charging brick and hooked it up to charge. It said the charge time would be 1 hour and 19minutes to 100%.

I also have an Anker Qi certified wireless charger. This is what's confusing. When I unplugged the phone from its charging brick and put it on the wireless charger It displayed the same 1 hour 19 minutes charge through the same app, Fullcharge. The g7 isn't supposed to have fast charging through a wireless charger but my phone charged as fast wireless as with the USB3 brick. How can that be?

Might need a USB 3.0+ cable as well.. Just because a supply can push x-amount of pwr doesn't mean the wires can properly carry them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones