1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

a little confused

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tboltfan25, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast

Hey guys, I just recieved my rplacement device from VZW, and I have to mail back my old one. I am trying to figure out how to unroot my device, and get it back to stock so that I won't be in any trouble when it gets returned. The guide is confusing me a bit. What exactly do I have to do for this, is there anyone that can help make it not sound so difficult lol? SOrry guys, just dont want to mess anything up.

Edit: So I have the exploits file downloaded, and I have the hboot file that needs to get moved into the adv tools folder, but I don't know how to check the md5 of the file, and I obviously am extremely nervous about bricking.

Advertisement

2. tythunder

tythunder Well-Known Member

You can check the md5 with alien file verifier from the market

3. Tboltfan25

But the file doesnt get put onto the root of the sd...its on my pc

4. tythunder

tythunder Well-Known Member

Oh i know there's free md5 verifier programs but someone else will have to tell you the names

5. Tboltfan25

UPDATE: Okay, I flashed the old hboot back, everything is good, no brick :D WHEW!

Now, where do I find instructions/download link to flash back to the stock RUU, so that I can go send this phone back, come back from the post office, and then root my new one!

EDIT: and also, if flashing the stock RUU replaces the splash screen with the stock one then disregard this question, but how can I make my splash screen back to the stock one...(want to make sure I won't be breaching warranty info 100%)

6. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Pssst... the bottom of the same post has instructions on how to go back to mr2. ;)

And yes,flashing it will also put your splash screen back to stock.

7. Tboltfan25

Thanks Scotty! I actually found that right after I posted the question :rolleyes: but I was able to completely unroot and revert back to stock on the old device, just got back from the post office and shipped it, and I just now finished rooting the new one using Revolutionary method this time...do I get another blazer and cigar though?? ;)

As always, thanks everyone for their help!

8. Tboltfan25

I actually do have one more question...How do I get the TWRP recovery back on my device, so I can restore one of my nandroids? I have the recovery that comes with Revolutionary now (CWM 1.0.4.1) I think?

9. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

2nd post of the root thread has radio/recovery/hboot thread linked. Just download it and flash it :)

Assuming you havent reformatted or wiped your SD card,pop it in the new TB and restore the backup you made prior to unrooting.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews