• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A little help? GPS

zjh

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, except for the lurking. I turned off a gps function in running services and now when my weather and toggle widget tries to change gps status it goes to the settings screen where I can turn it on and off no problem. I don't want to have to go to settings every time I want to change status though. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the widget and it didn't help also powered on and off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sometimes the apps/widgets have a setting that gives you the choice of what tapping it does. For example, I have SwitchPro and when I hit the BT, GPS, or WiFi buttons, the settings menu gives me a choice of using that to turn them on/off or go to the settings menu. Another example: Beautiful Widgets also gives the option of opening various functions with a tap. I don't have the weather and toggle widget, but it may be worth a look. While in the app, hit the menu hard button and see if there is a settings option.

Upvote 0
I tried all of that unfortunately. When I first downloaded weather and toggle widget it worked fine then for some stupid reason I went to running services and stopped a gps function. Now the only GPS toggle that automatically changes without going to settings is the stock widget. I also dled some other toggles from the market and they also send me to the settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones