• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A little help with 4EXT flashing

Having a bit of trouble with my Evo 4G, I was on Harmonia 3.17 when I installed 4EXT, the only other thing ive done to my phone till this poin is:::

http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ing-evo-v-4g-roms-kernels-using-fastboot.html
Up to step 7

**** UNLOCKED ****
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.57.0000
eMMC-boot

In 4EXT Ive done

> Wipe data/Factory reset
> Format all partitions (except SD card)

flashed a rom with no success

repeated the above in 4EXT
restored a backup I made with 4EXT

every time is the white HTC load screen, after waiting up to 20 minutes I've pulled the battery and booted back into 4EXT recovery with a message saying:
4EXT SmartFlash is currently set to update your boot partition on next system start
Is this wanted or should it be removed?
Remove SmartFlash?

At this point Id be happy with any working rom or even better the backup i Made.

Any help appreciated

Yes sir. What you need to do first, is reboot your phone to bootloader. Hold power+volume down. Then once thats done, choose the option saying "fastboot."

Now open up a command prompt (Start > Run > CMD) and then navigate to the tools using CD. (Ex: cd C:\Android\tools)

Then put the boot.img from the ROM into the folder with the file called "fastboot" (usually named sdk-tools or platform-tools)

then type the following:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Let it do its thing

Then type:

fastboot reboot

and you should be set!

Reactions: krymz
Upvote 0
Thanks Prinny for your help, but after multiple tries I had no luck, I ultimatlyl flashed TWRP and restored a backup from there. I think the problem was with 4EXT ( not the prog but perhaps how I installed it or didn't meet perquisites. but your help did ultimately guide me well.

Maybe twrp and 4ext backups aren't compatible? I'm not sure. I'm glad you're up and running though!

Reactions: krymz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones