• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A little help with this recovery.img

hubsabubs

Android Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2012
Dallas, GA
Ok so I used the builder.clockworkmod.com compiler and used the recovery.img I dumped from my coolpad Quattro. It successfully compiled a new clockworkmod recovery.img however I do not know what to do with it now or how to go about flashing it to my phone. I am a little bit worried as I do not know if this will work. Anyone out there with any experience that can help me?

The steps ive taken so far are:

Root phone with su access
romdumped my phones system
compiled a clockworkmod recovery.img

I'm pretty sure Metro's corporate store employees and manager thoroughly hate me. I argue facts and specs.

I don't even waste my breath with MPCS employees. Most of the ones I encounter don't possess any technical or even general knowledge of any phone MPCS sells. They are instructed on POS transactions, and to tell everybody "yes, it will get Jellybean" and "Yes, this is our best selling device, people love this phone." They would have to pay knowledgeable people more money, so you get what you get for a minimum wage employee LOL

Upvote 0
I don't even waste my breath with MPCS employees. Most of the ones I encounter don't possess any technical or even general knowledge of any phone MPCS sells. They are instructed on POS transactions, and to tell everybody "yes, it will get Jellybean" and "Yes, this is our best selling device, people love this phone." They would have to pay knowledgeable people more money, so you get what you get for a minimum wage employee LOL

Excellent point. I worked the kinks out of my new handset so I'm ok with it. It came with that sticky resin splattered protector for shipping it in coffins.

Upvote 0
Do yourself a favor and plug that phone directly into a household socket, bring it back to Metro and see if they will give you a Premia in its place. They know the Coolpad is a complete abomination and may easily grant your request. Even if you had to pay an extra 15 bucks just to get the Premia it is worth it all day long. Get rid of that......thing.
Did you switch a Coolpad to a Premia? If so, did you have MetroGuard (insurance). I have a Coolpad with a bad charging port, and my local authorized dealer told me to go to the corporate store. Since I don't have insurance on the phone, I would assume they will just try to sell me another phone.

Upvote 0
Did you switch a Coolpad to a Premia? If so, did you have MetroGuard (insurance). I have a Coolpad with a bad charging port, and my local authorized dealer told me to go to the corporate store. Since I don't have insurance on the phone, I would assume they will just try to sell me another phone.

LOL Hell no. I knew better than to buy that dumpster. I knew the second I tried it out in the MPCS store. The display on it is very deceiving, isn't it?

I was just saying try to get a Premia from them, even if it will cost you a few extra bucks. If they kept giving me a replacement Coolpad, I would kill it and bring it back. Rinse, lather and repeat until they cough up a Premia so they would be rid of me haha haha...

Upvote 0
LOL Hell no. I knew better than to buy that dumpster. I knew the second I tried it out in the MPCS store. The display on it is very deceiving, isn't it?

I was just saying try to get a Premia from them, even if it will cost you a few extra bucks. If they kept giving me a replacement Coolpad, I would kill it and bring it back. Rinse, lather and repeat until they cough up a Premia so they would be rid of me haha haha...

I tried that angle they said no.

Upvote 0

Should have gotten the Spirit. ;) LG > huawei any day. ;)

Upvote 0
Should have gotten the Spirit. ;) LG > huawei any day. ;)

Didn't like the Spirit, silver accenting, no vanilla ICS and side power button were a turnoff for me, plus $270 is a bit steep for an interim handset, I'm going to be picking up a Nexus 4. So my choices for a cheap phone with vanilla ICS were the Avid or the Premia. Avid screen is yucky, lots of ghosting.

I agree as a whole, LG > Huawei, yes. Premia beats the bag out of a stock Connect though... ;) even with the bugs.

Upvote 0

Actually, metro won't hire me due to my knowledge of the android os. They Google me and say "sorry, we can't hire you because blah blah blah" but one manager called me token so I know what's going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones