1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root a little help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Monica7584, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Monica7584

Monica7584 Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    I am not super tech savy but i can find my way around pretty easy. I am not getting why i can't complete a root. i have downloaded z4 root.apk after trying so many times...i have uninstalled the updates to my android market (which were at 2.3.4 or something like that. and now trying to the program to root. and it has been on the same screen (the main one) for almost an hour.

please any advice would be great. is it just not possible for me to do this?

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

1) Make sure your internal phone OS is 2.2. Do not rely on the book as it hasn't been updated to acknowledge 2.2.1 phones.

2) Temporary root is hit or miss with this phone. If it takes more than ~5min, you've more than likely missed. Permanent is quick and painless. It can always be undone if necessary.

3. alexxseven

alexxseven Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    supervising people kicking rocks
    That box under the bridge
    the most i can give you on this is, if your phone is a stock 2.2, then z4 should work. im not 100% how well or how often it won't but if your phone was updated to 2.2.1 then z4 won't work. your options there are to follow the instructions in This thread. or to downgrade back to 2.2

if you are on stock 2.2.1 follow the instructions on that same thread. and when you get to the part telling you to flash the recovery, skip that one and do This one instead :)

Tags: